Bushsports provides orienteering events and navigation courses as part of our team building activities outdoor adventure training. Get your staff bearings and get your team on track in Sydney, Blue Mountains, Southern Highlands, Central Coast, Gold Coast or Hunter Valley!
- skills developing using a map and compass
- GPS understanding coordinates and positioning tools
- bonding a new team
- developing team work
- providing problem solving teamwork outdoor adventure activities
- team motivation improvement
- communication skills
- strategic direction
- decision making skills
- leadership development
Teams learn hands on ‘experientially’, the skills of orienteering and navigation by maps, features, topography, geography, compass bearings, sun, iPhones and GPS systems.
ORIENTEERING and NAVIGATION – Strategic Direction coupled with Decision Making Skills to Never Get Truly Lost
Ever wonder why people have different perspectives and the most explicit directional instructions still have people getting lost?
Bushsports Orienteering activities will reinforce your teams focus.
Team Building Orienteering & navigation skills are learnt and practiced before teams set off to locate checkpoint markers set in a bushland, city or urban setting.
Secure marker information, locating checkpoint markers, planning distance and terrain over time.
Accomplish a fun team development challenge with outdoor activities.
Teams intersect to complete teamwork scenarios with facilitators.
Mix n Match desired activities
- negotiating a electric fence,
- avoid hazards,
- clearing through spiders web initiative activities,
- problem solving puzzles
- overcoming obstacles whilst bushwalking to selected navigation route markers.
- Compasses or
- GPS devices
- Great team building fun to bond the team
- Accomplishment of learning life-long navigational and survival skills
- Unique shared team experiences in fantastic bushland or urban settings.
Team Building Outcomes:
- Planning systems
- Map Reading skills
- Legends & Scale
- Map & Grid References
- Latitude & Longitude
- Contour Lines & Interval
- Map Orientation
- Feature based route planning
- Landform Identification & Topography
- Time Management
- True, Magnetic & Grid North
- Bearings & Back Bearings
- Compass work
- Basic Navigation by Sun and GPS
- Geo Caching
- Search and Rescue Scenarios.
Orienteering exercises are taught and practiced before teams set off to locate checkpoint markers set in a bush-land or urban setting. Securing marker information in a sequence of time over distance and terrain.
Teams intersect to complete teamwork scenarios, i.e. negotiating a spiders web, problem solving a puzzle, linking support to overcoming obstacles. Scenarios are integrated to develop and build team spirit, communication, trust, project planning and time management.
Succeed in fun orienteering activity challenges in a location to suit your team.
- Develop teambuilding and problem solving skills
- Coordinating teams with clear Communication & Cooperation strategies
- Leadership Training and leadership Skill development
- Project & Time Management
- Shared team experience, Building team spirit.
- Strengthening inter-personal relationships.
Bushsports SOS Search and Rescue scenarios challenge and develop teamwork with navigation skills, problem solving ability, team strategic planning, interpersonal, leadership and negotiation skills
Encouraging trust and improving communication within teams.
Fully facilitated, briefed and debriefed scenarios – aligned to your companies strategy. Unfold an exciting team building quest in which you build cooperation and communication literally.
Process: Initially learning the art of navigation hands on, team members apply their skills immediately.
Completing approximately 5-6km of on & off track walking in bushland areas.
Rebuilding a communications tower through the unscrambling of messages and retrieval of lost equipment.
Participants are briefed on map reading techniques, they are then given several sample exercises in a controlled environment in which to practice orienteering skills.
Communication components have been lost on a airlift mission to the rendezvous site. The hold cargo net frayed spilling vital items landing scattered in a 5km radius. The helicopter navigator has noted estimate map positions. Your teambuilding mission is to recover all necessary components and rebuild a communication tower within the time frame provided. Utilise orienteering and navigation skills to accomplish the team building mission urgently.
Other scenarios are modified according timing, terrain, abilities and team building requirements of the group.
Call the BUSHSPORTS Adventure Team 02 9871 3333